Friday, May 23, 2008

A Short Rant...

I simply do not understand my in-laws. Someone, if you can, please explain to me the logic in all this...

My husband's parents are retired. Therefore, they do not work any longer. That is fine. My FIL has worked many, many years and deserves his time "off". They have no kids (at home). They live in a large, four bedroom house, all alone. I have no problem with this either. Their home is paid for, and this is good!

However, we found out that the reason they could never make it to our boys baseball games (which were always on Saturday mornings) is because that is their laundry day, and according to my FIL, it is a major undertaking. Now forgive me here, but I just cannot understand this. If you are retired, and have no major obligations during the week... AND there are only two adults in the house... how much laundry CAN YOU HAVE... and how come you can't do it during the week?

See me as cruel, heartless, whatever, but as the mother of four boys ages 16 down to 4, that homeschools AND runs a full-time business... I can certainly make time for laundry during the week (and I guarantee that I have more laundry than them! Even with my oldest two boys doing their own laundry on their own designated laundry days).

I also do not understand how they can have "too much to do" when they KNEW they were leaving on Thursday... didn't they plan for this? I know I have... I started cleaning house on Monday, and packing on Tuesday, so that I could leave on Thursday by noon.

Yes, I must be unreasonable to see this as a problem. Maybe it's all just too funny. My mother was never like this, and neither was my grandmother. My father has an excuse...he's 65 and still working full time at one job and part-time at another.

Just food for thought.

No comments: