Saturday, January 13, 2007

Just another day

Sorry it's been awhile since I posted. It's been a busy week getting back into the swing of things. I find it very hard to get much done around here when my dh is off of work. This was his first week back to work since Christmas, and I could finally do some things!

My father came into town from Kansas Thursday night, and is here until Monday night, that is, if he doesn't get iced in!! Right now, it's a muggy 75 degrees outside. By tomorrow night, it should be a frozen 32 degrees! And where he lives, it is currently 14 degrees and snowing. There's a good chance he might not be flying out Monday afternoon.

We own our own business. And like many, it is cyclical, in that this time of year, it is not very busy due to the cold weather (well... you know, uh, well... okay so it's not usually cold here, but you know what I mean), and the holidays as well. So the fact that our business phone has not been ringing much did not really surprise me. But, after New Years, I did expect SOME increase in phone traffic. Then, yesterday, one of our customer's called on our HOME phone.... that was strange. and she told me that she tried to call the number she got out of the phone book and it said it was disconnected!! so I called it myself, and lo and behold, it was disconnected! YIKES! This is the key number we have advertised in TWO big phone books in the area. I called AT&T, and they said the bill had not been paid in six months. I had it on "auto pay" with my billpay at my bank. For some reason, my billpay quit paying the bill. I didn't know... I just had assumed (I know, bad choice) that they would keep paying. On top of that, I found out the reason I never got a "late" notice is that they had the wrong mailing address...an address we got rid of two years ago!!!

Now what doesn't make sense is the fact that we have another AT&T line, and I changed that address, and it's still paying that bill. I am sooooo frustrated. I called, paid off the bill, and now they tell me it will be Monday before the number is reconnected. ARGH!!! No wonder my phone had NOT been ringing. I am soooo frustrated over this. I keep reminding myself, God is in control. It will all work out.

No comments: