Sunday, November 05, 2006

Creativity...

I got my new copy of Somerset Studio in the mail yesterday. Someday, I'll put myself to the task and actually make something to submit for that magazine. There is so much to admire in there. **SIGH**

Yesterday, I went to Hobby Lobby and purchased a new "scrapbook" (Photo album) to transplant my great-grandparents pictures into. When my grandmother died in 2000, I inherited a ton of pictures, many from the late 1800's (yes good for collage, but copied first), but specifically a photo album that begins with pics from 1917 and ends around 1924. It includes my grandmother's baby photos. I am simply removing them the rotting album and repasting them into the new album. I really don't want to alter it much from what my great-grandmother did... I am cutting out any writing and layering that on acid-free paper so as to not damage anyting any further. Unfortunately, my great-grandmother did not label much (some pictures have very vague identification written on the back) and others have nothing. Funny part is, I have NO idea what my great-grandmother's name is! She was dead before I was born, and my grandmother could not stand her mother, so never talked about her. By the time I was old enough to pay attention, my great-grandpa had remarried, so that was the lady I called "granny". How weird is that?

There are some hilarious pictures though... my great-grandmother in a bathing costume (no bikini's back then!!) frolicking at the beach. I would really like to find more about them. I had never been interested before, but now... I don't even know where to start.

I am finding some cool blogs to read. I'll add them to my blog list as I find them.

I'll take some pics of my art work too and add those here also.

No comments: