Monday, November 06, 2006

I Hate Being Sick


Woke up this morning with a sore throat, chest congestion, and a cough. Ugh. I hate being sick, and why do the children automatically assume that if Mom is sick, then it's a free-for-all for them? My son (14) asked "Why do I have to get dressed? Why do I have to quit reading Calvin and Hobbes?" I said because you still have school work to do!! Goodness!

On top of this, I have a library informational meeting to take care of this evening. It will be our first. I have a real passion for working with new homeschoolers, and did Smoothing The Way for two years, but the possibility of moving led me to turn my group over to another lady (hi Marci!). So now, since we're NOT moving north like orginally thought, I am going to stay here and work in another capacity. I'll be working with HSCN (Home School Communication Network) to do informational meetings here in the CL area.

Well now I"m feeling better... but not perfect. I think I still have a fever, though. Tomato soup helps a lot. I like the new Campbell soup labels (pink for breast cancer awareness). Am I just too Andy Warhol or what? I always notice strange things like that.

I've been thinking of taking the week of Thanksgiving off from school to organize my crafting/art space. I really want to organize my stamps and make some lists of what all I have. I'm starting to duplicate.

I also want to finish a cool tryptych I started YEARS ago...

Off to get my toddler back inside, it's raining and he's naked....we're potty training.

No comments: