Saturday, November 04, 2006

It's a beautiful day!

God has blessed us with a beautiful November day today. Clear, sunny skies, high in the mid-60's. I love these kind of days. They remind me of so many things in my childhood. On a day like today, my step-dad and my mom would have loaded us up and taking us fishing out on the Texas City Dike. We would fish and crab for hours, running up and down the dike and playing games. It was so much fun.

Today, my husband announced we were going to head off to H&H Music to look at keyboards. They are going out of business, due to some ridiculous law suit. Anyway, we have been wanting to get the kids a weighted-key keyboard, and Nathan (who already plays the violin) wants to learn the piano also. We got a great deal on a Roland HP-1. Under $500! and all their music was 60% off, so I got all the Bastien books I could get... Primer A and B for 5-7 year olds, Primer and Level 1 for 7-11 year olds, and the Level 1 for "Older Beginner Students" (ages 12 and up). I thought I might try to learn more myself. I took two years of piano as a child, but quit (of course) and regret it. problem is, my left pinkie is very weak, so it's hard!! The kids are very excited. This is a big part of their Christmas.

Anywhoo.... I'll snap some pics of the kids soon playing and post them here.

Black Belt training began today for Nathan. He will be testing for his 1st degree black belt next July. Tom got his this past August. Nathan will be going to a class of some kind almost every day. Today, they worked on their "P.R.'s"... their personal records. They ran a 3-mile run, and worked on their sit-ups, push-ups, and other physical fitness essentials. Nathan will be ahead of the other kids, because even though he wasn't getting his belt, he went through all the testing with Tom this past year, so he's ready for this!!

No comments: